What personal data do we collect and process?
Personal data is any information that can be attributed to you in one way or another.
We typically collect and process the following types of general personal data:
- Basic personal information such as name, address, username, company name, e-mail and demographic information.
- User and web traffic data, i.e. a unique ID and technical information about your computer, tablet or mobile phone, your IP number, geographical location, and which pages you click on (interests).
- Financial information such as invoice information.
- Content that you have uploaded or provided to Acubiz, such as images, comments, articles or videos.
- Statistics showing how users of our websites interact with each page and content.
- Information provided in connection with job applications.
How do we collect personal data?
When you use our websites, we collect and process a number of personal data about you. This happens, for example, when using our websites in general, if you subscribe to our newsletter, enter competitions or complete surveys, in connection with other use of services, if you send us your CV in connection with job applications, or when you contact us.
In some cases, we also collect information about you from other sources. These sources may be, for example, third parties, our marketing partners, public sources or via social media.
For what purpose do we process personal data?
We process personal data for the following purposes:
Purchase and delivery:
- Order processing and invoicing.
- Delivery of services such as webinars, reports, e-books, white papers, etc.
- Delivery of offers on products and services to customers and potential customers.
- Creation of users for our services.
Support and improvements:
- Improving and developing the quality, functionality and user experience of our products, services and websites.
- Provision of customer support in relation to our products and services.
- Facilitation of user forums and online help centres to train and enable interaction between users and Acubiz.
- Processing and sending marketing content based on preferences.
- Creation of interest profiles to promote relevant products and services, provide customised marketing for you, improve your user experience with our services/websites and deliver products that our customers are satisfied with.
- Identifying you as a user and showing you the ads that are most likely to be relevant to you.
- Providing the services you have requested, such as sending you a newsletter or contacting you on request.
- Use of the information to optimise our services and content.
- Optimising the user experience for each user
- Optimisation of our products, services and websites.
- Targeted marketing
- Processing job applications in the context of recruitment processes.
- Evaluating submitted documentation.
Legal basis for processing personal data
Acubiz processes personal data on the following legal basis:
Performance of a contract or measures taken prior to entering into a contract, as referred to in Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR
Some personal data is processed in connection with measures taken at your request, prior to entering into a legally binding contract with you. For example, when you apply for a job at Acubiz. Here, the processing of your CV, application and reference information will be necessary for Acubiz to process applications before entering into an employment contract.
In some cases, Acubiz also processes personal data in accordance with Article 6(b) of the GDPR when we receive enquiries from potential customers and in this context need to process data prior to entering into a legally binding contract.
Acubiz also processes personal data in connection with the purchase and delivery of services ordered via our websites.
Your consent as referred to in Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR
Legitimate interest under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR
Acubiz has a legitimate interest in processing your personal data when it is processed for security, support and improvement purposes, or when you act as a customer contact/lead for our existing customers, including in connection with customer support.
When you interact with Acubiz, for example, by visiting Acubiz websites, downloading reports, e-books, white papers, participating in webinars or as part of using Acubiz services, Acubiz will process your personal data based on our legitimate interest.
Acubiz uses your personal data to deliver relevant content to you through direct marketing on social media platforms, e-mails, websites or through an Acubiz service based on your preferences. This is done through technologies such as cookies and is called profiling. Acubiz will also be able to combine this information with any existing customer relationship that Acubiz may have with your company.
The legitimate interest in this context is to provide you with accurate content, be able to register participants, conduct marketing and manage your requests.
How is your personal data shared and to what extent do we use subcontractors?
Furthermore, we use a number of third parties to store and process data. These process data solely on our behalf and may not use it for their own purposes.
Disclosure of personal data such as name and e-mail, etc., will only take place if you consent to it. When using subcontractors, Acubiz ensures to enter into the necessary agreements with those subcontractors to safeguard your personal data rights and to meet our obligations to our customers.
How long do we store your data?
The data is only stored for the period permitted by law and as long as necessary to perform our contractual obligations, and we delete it when it is no longer needed. The period depends on the nature of the data and the reason for storage. Therefore, your personal data may be subject to different storage policies based on the type of data and the purpose for collecting it. We have established internal guidelines for the storage of all categories of personal data. These are set in relation to our obligations under applicable law, including documentation and audit requirements.
For further information on deletion, please contact Acubiz (see contact details in the last section).
We have taken technical and organisational measures against your data being accidentally or unlawfully deleted, published, lost, impaired or coming to the knowledge of unauthorised persons, misused or otherwise processed in breach of the law.
What are your rights?
Under data protection rules, you have a number of rights in relation to our processing of your data. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us.
You have the right to access the data we process about you and, in certain cases, to receive a copy of your personal data. If the data processed about you is incorrect, you also have the right to have it rectified (corrected). In exceptional cases, you have the right to have data about you deleted before the time of our general deletion occurs. If you so wish, you also have the right in certain cases to have the processing of your personal data restricted. You can also object to the use of data at any time. If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
If you wish to complain about our processing of your personal data, you also have the option of contacting the Danish Data Protection Agency. See more at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the opportunity to opt-out of marketing and profiling from Acubiz by either:
- Follow the instructions in the relevant communication
- Change preferences under the relevant edit section if you have a user profile with Acubiz
- Contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
You will also always have the option to opt-in/out of cookies on a particular website via our cookie banner and our cookie notice.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from Acubiz, such as order confirmations and communications necessary to manage your account or the services provided.
Last updated: 2021-10-12.
Publisher and contact information
The website is owned and published by:
Bregnerødvej 133 C
Company Registration No. (CVR): 20950587
Telephone: +45 70 214 215